Designed as a preview on the scale of a single building of the diverse ecosystem of mediapark.brussels, Frame will be a modular and adaptable “tool”. In keeping up with the times, it will offer various facilities and shared spaces to a range of different occupants. Its ambition is no less than to become a new Brussels epicentre of creativity in the media, audiovisual and communication sectors.
In addition to the media ecosystem and the three main occupants, Frame's design has also taken a number of other factors into account: recent developments in the organisation of workspaces, especially shared workspaces; the sociology of media, audiovisual and communication workers and the project mode of operation that they often use; the ongoing shifts in this sector, linked to both technological advances and changes in the way content is consumed; and the desire of the academic world to follow these trends as closely as possible.
Frame will therefore feature modular and adaptable layouts and shared facilities, creating favourable conditions for the exchange of knowledge and expertise in collaborative mode.
In particular, it will offer occupants the following:
- a co-working space and a business centre dedicated to the media, audiovisual and communication industry;
- a huge catering outlet open to the public on the ground floor, which will encourage contact and discussion between the occupants and visitors (floor 0);
- a training centre with a wide-ranging programme in the media field, including tailor-made training in French, Dutch and English;
- shared meeting rooms of different sizes to optimise office space while promoting exchanges between occupants;
- a large auditorium available for various types of meetings, events, gatherings, screenings and so on, including for external parties (floor -1);
- a demonstration and experience room where installations can be set up to test new equipment;
- hyperflexible open-plan spaces 15 metres large, without columns, with flexible technical infrastructure to maximise adaptability to the different needs of a media or audiovisual business and facilitate the integration of different types of projects;
- a transmission control room – a technical data centre through which all signals exchanged with the outside will pass and where the information necessary for the site's activities will be stored;
- state-of-the-art technical installations, with exemplary energy performance.